- Barron's highlights four energy companies that saw recent insider purchases, perhaps notable given the sector's weak performance.
- An Arch Coal (ACI) director bought 20K shares for $80K, noteworthy since it's the only insider buy at ACI in more than a year.
- Kinder Morgan (KMR) CEO Richard Kinder, with a "solid track record" for buying at KMR, bought 11,900 shares for $942K.
- Nabors Industries (NBR) enjoyed purchases from two directors in August, one for 120K shares for $1.8M and another for 18K shares totaling $267K.
- ONEOK Partners' (OKS) John Gibson purchase of 12,200 shares for $603.5K is "compelling considering it came shortly after he stepped down as CEO."
For the latest updates on the stock market, visit,